Extra baggage options
Additional Checked Baggage Options
Any additional Checked Baggage pieces over and above the allowance included with the fare shall be transported subject to the prescribed fee per piece. Additional Checked Baggage items where a fee is not paid for shall not be transported.
Customers may purchase up to 1 (one) additional piece of Checked Baggage, up to a weight of 23kg. Any weight in excess of 23kg shall be charged as per prescribed fees on a per kg basis.
Additional Checked Baggage pieces and weight may be booked and paid for at the Airport or online.
The Company may restrict or amend additional Checked Baggage allowance subject to operational requirements. Additional Checked Baggage pieces over the permitted allowance are transported subject to space and weight limitations.
Online Car Hire
Fastjet has teamed up with AVIS to offer our customers the opportunity book car hire via our website.
We provide you with the option to choose your preferred seat ahead of your planned travel date. If you have selected a Value Plus fare, you can select and secure your preferred seat in advance, free of charge.
Pre-flight seat selection
Choose between our standard or extra legroom seats
- Pre-book your preferred seat through our website or app at the time of making the booking or my returning to your booking through the Manage My Booking feature. through the Call Centre, or at a fastjet shop to secure the best seat in advance.
- Select your seat when you check-in online 24 hours prior to your flight departure.
- Alternatively, we will allocate a seat at check-in free of charge.
Restricted seat information
- under the age of 16 years
- unwilling or physically unable to assist cabin crew in the unlikely event of an emergency
- travelling with an infant on your lap or escorting a young child (under 16 years of age)
- require a seat belt extender
- require special assistance, and
- unable to speak or understand English.
Preassigned seats are non-refundable, apart from exceptions which are stipulated in the terms and conditions. Read our Terms and Conditions of Carriage or contact our Call Centre for more information.